Friday, December 28, 2007

Lovin Dreamworks!

Man Dreamworks is such an amazing place! The Glendale campus is amazingly beautiful and the projects going on right now are really fun to work on. This is my first foray into feature film animation and it's even better than I thought it would be! The animation software is harder to learn than I expected, I didn't know how dependant on Maya my workflow was. But I think I am over the hump with the software and now I can just focus on animating. Anyway I hope everyone has seen this already but if not, go check out Kung-fu Panda!


Kung Fu Panda is going to be the best animated feature that Dreamworks has ever done....in my opinion.

I am working on Monsters VS. Aliens which is a really fun film to work on, lots of fun character designs and a pretty humorous script. I hope it's going to be good!

9 Comments:

At 4:57 PM, Blogger Andy Conroy said...

Thats awesome!!! glad to get a report!


Adam sure has been "on vacation" for a long time.... he is probably sitting next to you right now isn't he?? he is isn't he....

 
At 5:54 AM, Blogger 1 said...

Hey congrats on the new Job!

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger Nathan Lindsay said...

Brandanimator! Glad your digging the new place. How's the cafeteria treating you? I sure would like to see some animations posted here on your blog...I mean, sure, you type good and all, but I think your real talent is the animation part. Happy new year.

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger Adam Strick said...

Andy, you can't see this but Brandon and I are waving at you right now.

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Adam Strick said...

...continued from my last comment,

...I wish!

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger BrandonBeckstead said...

ha ha, yeah I wish I could post some animations on here. But I'm not animating outside of work anymore......and Dreamworks MIGHT get not like it if I posted stuff from the film.

To sum it all up, yeah my blog is LAME!

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger Tyler Stott said...

dont be sooo hard on yourself Brandon...your blog is a bit lame but c'mon now, it's not "LAME" give yourself a bit of credit...

...ok, just messin, it's great to hear that all is well.

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger Carlos Fins said...

Brandon!! Dude, glad to see you're having a good time! Kudos for the step up and making the move, dude! I knew you'd be kicking some serious butt! Hope you and the family are doing well!

-Carlos

 
At 11:53 PM, Blogger Mitch said...

Hello Mr. Beckstead,

I happened to wander upon your page via Victor Navone's blog, and I'd just like to say congratulations on landing a job at DreamWorks! I've been to the campus once before (namely in the cafeteria section), and the place is gorgeous. I'm glad that you're enjoying your position as an animator there. Keep up the great work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home